The Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor training is self-paced and consists of seven online courses (315 hours). Once you have paid all fees, you will be given access to the courses and can begin working right away.
- 7 self- paced online courses (315 hours)
- Schooling will allow you to receive certification in CA through CCAP or CADTP. In order to verify if these certifications provide reciprocity in your state through IC & RC be sure to check for eligibility prior to enrollment at InternationalCredentialing.org
- Please note, you will be initially credentialed as CCAPP or CADTP certified which requires that you take a test. This may require
testing in the state of California.
- You are responsible for verification of the schooling in your home state, changes in the reciprocity or anything related to your school education and subsequent certification is through your school provider
- 315 hours approved, AOD specific education
- 255 hours supervised work experience (field practicum)
- Passing score on the IC&RC Written Exam
- Applicants with 315 hours of AOD education: 3,000 hours work experience
- Renewal every two years (continuing education required)